Everyone has that one best friend. Someone that means the world to you. Why not show them how much you care with these best friend quotes that will make you cry (perfect for a birthday card or an Instagram caption!)
Check out our Instagram if you need some quote inspiration!
Best friends quotes that make you cry
Here are 50+ of our favourite best friend quotes that make you cry (guaranteed!):
- Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another: ‘What! You too? I thought I was the only one.’ – C.S. Lewis
- There is nothing better than a friend, unless it is a friend with chocolate. – Linda Grayson
- Sometimes being with your best friend is all the therapy you need.
- You’re my best friend because I wouldn’t dare be this weird with someone else.
- My best friend is the one who brings out the best in me. – Henry Ford
- Friendship is the complete explanation of what a Cheetah Girl is – if you have that true friendship, you can conquer anything you want – Sabrina Bryan
- Here’s a news flash: No soldier gives his life. That’s not the way it works. Most soldiers who make a conscious decision to place themselves in harm’s way do it to protect their buddies. They do it because of the bonds of friendship – and it goes so much deeper than friendship – Eric Massa
- A good friend knows all your stories. A best friend helped you write them.
- Nothing makes the earth seem so spacious as to have friends at a distance; they make the latitudes and longitudes. – Henry David Thoreau
- Because of you, I laugh a little harder, cry a little less, and smile a lot more.
- Friendship isn’t about who you’ve known the longest. It’s about who walked into your life, said “I’m here for you”, and proved it.
- No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other’s worth – Robert Southey
- Lots of people want to ride with you in the limo, but what you want is someone who will take the bus with you when the limo breaks down – Oprah Winfrey
- The friend who can be silent with us in a moment of despair or confusion, who can stay with us in an hour of grief and bereavement, who can tolerate not knowing… not healing, not curing… that is a friend who cares. – Henri Nouwen
- I don’t need a friend who changes when I change and who nods when I nod; my shadow does that much better. – Plutarch
- The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart.
– Elisabeth Foley
- A good friend is like a four-leaf clover; hard to find and lucky to have. – Irish Proverb
- Remember, you don’t need a certain number of friends, just a number of friends you can be certain of.
- I have learned that friendship isn’t about who you’ve known the longest, it’s about who came and never left your side – Yolanda Hadid
- Friends are the siblings God never gave us. – Mencius
- Don’t make friends who are comfortable to be with. Make friends who will force you to lever yourself up.
– Thomas J. Watson
- The feeling of friendship is like that of being comfortably filled with roast beef; love, like being enlivened with champagne – Samuel Johnson
- Came but for friendship, and took away love – Thomas Moore
- There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship.– Thomas Aquinas
- Love is flower like; Friendship is like a sheltering tree – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- True friendship ought never to conceal what it thinks – St. Jerome
- The most I can do for my friend is simply be his friend. – Henry David Thoreau
- You are my best friend, my human diary, and my other half. You mean the world to me and i LOVE you.
- My definition of a friend is somebody who adores you even though they know the things you’re most ashamed of – Jodie Foster
- Remember that a gesture of friendship, no matter how small, is always appreciated – H. Jackson Brown, Jr.
If you love quotes you might enjoy some of these other quote posts: