Looking for romantic getaways in Colorado with your partner? Maybe even staying one of the most romantic Colorado jacuzzi suites?
From seeing all the animals at the Denver Zoo to a ski trip in Vail, there is a trip for everyone in this state.
There are plenty of cozy cabins or romantic getaways in colorado with private hot tubs to choose from in multiple locations. Stay in the mountains or visit the scenic lakes. It is also a gorgeous state to visit no matter the season. Come down in the winter and go skiing, then cuddle up by the fireplace together to warm up. Or visit during the summer and go hiking.
DENVER ROMANTIC GETAWAYS
Head out to Denver, where you will find some of the most serene outdoor landscapes in all of Colorado.
Here are some of the most romantic things to do in Denver:
- Stay in a Romantic Hotel with a Hot Tub– What is better than a hotel with a large soaking tub for two!
- Brewery tour: Take a brewery tour and sample a variety of Denver’s craft beers;
- Cooking class: Take cooking classes and learn to make anything from date-night dishes to cocktails.
- Butterfly Pavilion – Check out the Butterfly Pavilion and stroll among thousands of colorful butterflies.
- Denver Botanic Gardens – Head over to the Denver Botanic Gardens where you can easily get lost while exploring the 24 acres of gorgeous scenery.
- Confluence Park – If you are into hiking, biking, kayaking, or tubing, plan a trip to Confluence Park where you can enjoy these features and many more in the urban park located in downtown Denver.
- Horse-drawn carriage ride – Take a horse-drawn carriage ride (who doesn’t like a horse-drawn carriage?) and tour the many city landmarks while snuggled up together in the carriage.
- Sommers-Bausch Observatory – The Sommers-Bausch Observatory offers free stargazing sessions on Friday evenings and is the perfect stop for any star-lovers.
- Boulder Mountain Park – Boulder Mountain Park, which spans 45,000 acres of canyons and has over 100 miles of hiking trails, is another must-see on your trip to Denver. One of the most popular hikes is the Chautauqua Trail, which is just over a half mile in length and not too strenuous. Or, take a horseback ride through the park instead if hiking isn’t your favorite thing.
- Denver Art Museum Swing by the Denver Art Museum, which is known for its collection of American Indian art.
- Denver Zoo – If you or your significant other are animal lovers, be sure to visit the Denver Zoo which all started with the donation of an orphaned American black bear.
- Downtown Aquarium – Or head over to the Downtown Aquarium with its approximately 1,000,000 gallons worth of exhibits of fish and other animals, as well as its on-site dining experiences and shows featuring different animals and unique information about each of them.
One of the hotels you should check out on your vacation to Denver is the Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver.
Conveniently located near downtown Denver, full of luxury amenities, this hotel is sure to be a great place to kick up your feet and enjoy their nightly wine social hour after a long day of sightseeing.
Then, each morning be sure to grab some complimentary coffee to gear up for your fun day around the city. Check out the 24-hour fitness center or acclaimed VEDA spa, whatever you’re looking for, the Kimpton Hotel Monaco Denver has it for you.
See more: Romantic Mountain Getaways in the USA and beyond!
JW Marriott Denver Cherry Creek is another great romantic hotel to check out during your trip to the Denver area.
Enjoy the luxury pillowtop mattresses, five-piece marble bathrooms, scenic views of the Rocky Mountains, and mouthwatering dining.
Each week, in the lobby of the hotel, be sure to sample some of Colorado’s best wines from local boutique winery Blanchard Family Wines. Tastings are complimentary and you can grab some special discounts as well.
Try out the complimentary yoga, sponsored by PrAna, look into their special wellness packages, and really just pamper yourselves in luxury while spending your couples time together.
One of the best weekend getaways in Colorado for couples without doubt.
Stay in the heart of Denver at the Hyatt Regency Denver hotel while enjoying the scenic views of the Rocky Mountains. One of the most romantic mountain getaways in Colorado.
Located within walking distance of the 16th Street Mall, as well as the Denver Center for the Performing Arts. Enjoy the heated indoor pool or outdoor whirlpool hot tub and sun deck, all of which are open year-round.
Head over to the spa and choose from a full variety of massages, including couple’s massages, and other services including customizable facials, waxing, nail services, and organic body wraps and treatments. Also be sure to check out the multiple dining options.
One of the top places for a romantic spa getaway in Colorado.
Hyatt Place Denver, located just steps away from the Denver Theater District and many shopping opportunities, is the last hotel we will be looking at in Denver right now.
One of my favorite features of this hotel is the 24/7 dining opportunities. Breakfast is served every morning with pre-packaged items such as hot breakfast sandwiches, yogurt, and fresh fruit.
Then visit The Market for a wide selection of grab-and-go items from snacks to salads, as well as pastries and sweets from the bakery case. Last, The Bar offers thoughtfully sourced, regionally inspired food, premium alcoholic beverages, and specialty coffee drinks.
ASPEN BEST ROMANTIC GETAWAYS IN COLORADO
Another great location to visit in Colorado on your couples retreat is Aspen, Colorado. Many know that Aspen is a great skiing location, but there are also other great romantic things to do in Aspen with your significant other.
Aspen is without doubt one of the most romantic places in Colorado. Judge for yourself with this list:
- Hot Air Balloon Ride – Float across the sky in a hot air balloon, which is best done at sunrise for the most spectacular views.
- Paragliding – Go paragliding one morning and land in a secluded field to enjoy a champagne toast or picnic together.
- White Water Rafting – Try white water rafting or ride the Silver Queen Gondola to the top of Aspen Mountain and eat at the Sundeck while enjoying the views.
- Aspen Cooking Classes – Looking for something a little less adventurous? Aspen has some fabulous cooking schools which offer private, hands-on classes together.
- O2 Aspen Spa – There’s also the O2 Aspen Spa where you can customize private “partner yoga” classes, which can take place at the spa itself in a converted Victorian building, outside on the mountain, or at any location of your choosing.
The Inn at Aspen is a ski-in/ski-out full conference resort located at the base of Buttermilk Mountain.
On the ski-area side a 24-foot-high grand entryway leads out onto a stone patio with a gas fire pit and outdoor pavilion with a heated outdoor pool and hot tub.
The Inn is conveniently located just steps from the ski school, ski rental, and ticket offices. The onsite restaurant and bar offer seasonal breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
During summer you can also enjoy the on-site nature and hiking trails or check out the golf courses located only a mile away from the Inn.
The Gant, situated on five acres at the base of Aspen Mountain, offers convenient access to world class skiing and historic downtown.
The hotel’s restaurant, Pepperjack’s Café, serves locally roasted gourmet coffee, breakfast and lunch options, local craft brews, wine, and signature cocktails and you can enjoy dine-in or food to-go on the rooftop terrace or poolside patio.
Also on-site are two heated outdoor swimming pools, three jetted hot tubs, five tennis courts, a fitness center, and three nearby golf courses. On-property ski rental and boot fitting, as well as ski and snowboard lessons, make hitting the slopes even easier.
Located just steps from Ajax Mountain, the Hyatt Residence Club Grand Aspen offers multiple fireplaces, private balconies, grand kitchens, spa tubs, and steam showers.
The resort is a non-smoking resort and the minimum check-in age is 21. Definitely proving to be one of the best Colorado resorts for couples.
Sit by the fire pit and relax after a long day of shopping or sightseeing. Take a dip in the pool, which is an outdoor junior Olympic-size pool and is open dawn to dusk year-round.
Keep your workout on track at the fitness center with free weights, treadmill, exercise bike, and the stair machine. All cardio machines have built in personal cable television.
Aspen Meadows Resort, located on 40 scenic acres and surrounded by breathtaking mountain views, offers a versatile blend of mouthwatering cuisine, spacious suites, and refreshing, homelike amenities to enjoy your couples vacay.
With three restaurants, a health center, five tennis courts, and two art galleries, there is something for everyone to enjoy.
There is also an outdoor pool and hot tub to soak in after a long day of skiing or shopping. There are also on-site snowshoes and bike rentals. Rooms include pillowtop mattresses, a queen size pull-out sleeper sofa, bathrobes, slippers, and a wet bar with a mini fridge.
VAIL ROMANTIC GETAWAYS
The city of Vail, which is well known for its skiing opportunities, is also a great place for a couples vacation and has more to offer than just skiing as well.
- Betty Ford Alpine Gardens – Stroll through Betty Ford Alpine Gardens and enjoy the variety of trees, flowering bushes, streams, falls, and blooms. Booth Falls Trail is a great hike and with only being a four-mile round trip it is well worth the wait to see the beautiful waterfall.
- Piney River Ranch – Piney River Ranch is a great place to spend a day, rent canoes or paddleboards or take a hike to the waterfall.
- Adventure Ridge is a fun getaway, go snow tubing or enjoy the ropes courses and don’t forget to try the coaster before you leave.
- Go for a Hike – A couple other hikes you could do would be the Missouri Lake Trail, the Shrine Mountain Trail, Piney River Trail (Upper), and the Vail Recreation Path.
- Other Fun Couple Activities – Take a tour at the 10th Mountain Whiskey and Spirit Company or visit the Colorado Snowsports Museum and Hall of Fame and see the unique history of the 10th Mountain Division – the US Army WWII unit that trained in the Rockies to be a unique force fighting in the mountains of northern Italy.
While in Vail, be sure to check out the Vail Mountain Lodge & Spa, which includes both regular hotel rooms and condos as options for your stay.
They have an on-site spa, gym, and restaurant and are located within walking distance of Gondola One as well as the shopping and nightlife on Bridge Street.
The on-site restaurant, Terra Bistro, offers a wide variety of mouthwatering entrees, appetizers, and share plates.
They also offer a wine list, craft cocktails, and local Colorado brews. The rooms include gas fireplaces, down bedding, a separate standup shower and deep soaking tub in the bathrooms.
The Grand Hyatt Vail, another ski-in/ski-out resort, is located at the base of Vail mountain along the banks of Gore Creek.
In the summer, you have access to bike rentals and tours provided by Venture Sports. Or you can relax and listen to the creek flow by and enjoy the spectacular views of the mountain while hanging out in the Creek-Side Infinity Pool, which also features two hot tubs.
In the winter, enjoy the most convenient access to Vail Mountain skiing and snowboarding activities. You will be staying steps away from ski rentals, concierge, valet, and the resort’s ticket office.
Located in the heart of Vail Village is the Christiania Lodge, A Destination Hotel.
Featuring 22 rooms in an authentic Bavarian-style lodge, you will find the hotel’s cozy, intimate setting a great place to relax and enjoy your vacation.
Enjoy complimentary breakfast each morning at Sarah’s Lounge, as well as their full bar during ski season.
Take a dip in the outdoor heated pool with jacuzzi jets while enjoying the breathtaking mountain views and grilling dinner on the communal grill. The Lodge is located within walking distance of dining, shopping, and all the best things to do in Vail.
ROMANTIC CABINS IN COLORADO
There are many romantic honeymoon cabins you can book for your getaway, in many different locations in Colorado.
In the winter you can cozy up by the fireplace and watch it snow, and in the summer enjoy activities such as fly fishing and mountain biking.
Cabins can prove to be some of the best cheap romantic getaways in Colorado.
Little Red Treehouse
Little Red Treehouse is a lovely cabin you can rent when traveling to Colorado. One of the best colorado vacations for couples.
Conveniently located near the Rocky Mountain National Park, the Little Red Treehouse offers spectacular mountain views in every direction. Perfect for romance with a pull-down double bed, loft, bathroom, and outdoor dining area where you can enjoy your dinner while watching the wonderful views.
Holloway Cabin, located off the highway in the heart of the Rocky Mountains a few miles outside of Buena Vista, is perfect for an intimate setting for you and your loved one. With a private hot spring you can relax in, you may not even want to leave once you check in to this amazing cabin.
Located just one mile outside of Evergreen, and only thirty miles outside of Denver, Colorado Bear Creek Cabins can offer a unique experience you might not get from a hotel.
You are located nearby to plenty of shopping, dining, wineries, breweries, and music venues as well as being nearby to plenty of outdoor activities such as fishing, paddleboarding, walking trails, ice skating, ice fishing, kayaking, and wildlife viewing.
The cabins include kitchens, wood burning fireplaces, and grills for your enjoyment. You can also check out our great location for fly fishing, right on the bank of Bear Creek.
Hillside Colorado Cottages, located on historic ten-acre property only 35 miles south of Salida, includes five lovingly restored cottages to choose from to book your holiday.
Enjoy the breathtakingly scenic views in the heart of the Wet Mountain Valley. Each cottage is equipped with free WiFi, a full kitchen, satellite TV, hair dryer, an iron/ironing board, and a cozy reading nook.
Bird watchers will love to check out the historic black willow grove located right on the property. Other on-site activities include horseshoes, nature/hiking trails, biking, fishing, rafting, and you are located near some great hunting locations as well.
Located between the Rocky Mountain National Park and downtown Estes Park are the Colorado Cottages. Come relax in one of twelve cottages nestled in a quiet courtyard setting with breathtaking views of the Rockies.
Each cottage includes individual charcoal and gas grills, picnic tables, or lawn furniture so you can barbeque outdoors as well as a full kitchen inside, a tv, and a fireplace to curl up in front of after a long day of enjoying the breathtaking mountain views.
Or you can, hop into the centrally located outdoor hot tub and watch for wildlife to come for a visit.
COUPLES RETREATS IN COLORADO: MOST ROMANTIC HOTELS IN COLORADO
One of the most romantic hotels for your getaway is the magnificent and historic Cliff House at Pikes Peak.
Sit back and enjoy the Victorian romance atmosphere, which dates back nearly 150 years. With 54 rooms, each uniquely decorated in the style of the late 1800’s, but complimented with all the modern services and amenities you might want, you can stay here time and time again and get a different, unique amazing experience each time.
Each room is individual in character but may include special amenities such as gas fireplaces, premium bedding, two-person spa tubs, steam showers, and towel warmers.
Down in Vail Valley, relax by the fireplace in your spacious suite at The Westin Riverfront Resort and Spa. Nestled near both Colorado’s Vail Mountain and scenic Beaver Creek Mountain, there is plenty of activities to keep you and your loved one busy during your vacation.
From hiking and biking trails for warmer weather to skiing and sleigh rides during the winter, there is something to keep you busy during every season here.
Rooms offer fireplaces, kitchenettes, in-suite washer and dryer, luxurious Westin Heavenly Beds, and Westin Heavenly Baths. The Maya Restaurant offers authentic Mexican food for your enjoyment.
The Club Wyndham Resort at Avon, located just eight miles west of Vail and in the Rocky Mountains along the Eagle River, is a great hotel for those looking to ski, hike, fish, float down a river, zip line through the mountains, or much more.
More winter activities include snowmobiling, snowboarding, snow tubing, ice skating, snowshoeing, and sleigh rides among other options.
Top amenities include a complimentary shuttle to the city’s namesake slopes, ski-valet service and storage lockers, indoor hot tub, fitness center, game room, and convenience store. You are also closely located to other historic towns you can visit.
In Western Colorado, nestled in the Palisades, is the Gateway Canyons. Scale the peaks, go horseback riding, unearth dinosaur bones, pamper yourself at the spa, dine under the stars, and many more memorable activities that are sure to make your vacation one that will not be forgotten anytime soon.
Explore the virtually untouched landscape of sculptured rock, listen for the call of the red-tailed hawk, and live your childhood dream by discovering a world full of new adventures.
Walk through the Gateway Canyons Auto Museum, spanning every era of the American auto industry and view the privately-owned Hendricks Collection.
Visit the hot springs at the Mount Princeton Hot Springs Resort, located in Nathrop between the towns of Buena Vista and Salida.
Enjoy a one-day hot springs experience or relax with an overnight stay at this historic resort. The hot springs waters are 100% natural and odorless, bubbling out of the ground at 120 degrees.
The cliffside hotel rooms have a shared patio which overlooks the resort and the Rocky Mountains. Hillside hotel rooms offer easy access to the water slide and the upper hot spring pools. Fitness and Yoga classes are offered daily and are complimentary to overnight guests.
The Little Nell, located in Aspen, boasts special amenities such as complimentary mini-bar snacks and non-alcoholic beverages which are refreshed once daily.
Other amenities include Lavazza Blue espresso maker and electric tea kettle, TV, Bluetooth speaker, Video on Demand, Humidifier, daily papers delivered to your room, ski concierge, heated outdoor pool and hot tub, 24-hour in-room dining, packing and unpacking services, grocery and personal shopping, and much more.
With two on-site restaurants and three bars, there is something to enjoy for everyone. Buy a pass that grants you access to all four mountains for skiing, or rent a specialized Audi and explore Aspen.
Hope you find the perfect spot for your couples retreat to Colorado! After you get some great snaps you might like to caption your pictures with some Colorado Quotes!